WORKWISE is here to assist with your Canadian Tax and Bookkeeping needs. We have a varied client base with the majority of our clients being self employed or small business / entrepreneurs. We have successfully helped many clients clean up multiple years of taxes and other Canada Revenue Agency issues. WORKWISE is proud to say that we have many multi generational families as tax clients. It is always such an honor when we are recommended to friends and family.
WORKWISE is always looking out for Canada Revenue news that my affect you.
One of the biggest stories again this year is the number of scammers out there pretending to be Revenue Canada. Protect yourself against FRAUD! Beware of new phone SCAMS!
To help you identify possible scams, use the following guidelines:
- never requests prepaid credit cards
- never asks for information about your passport, health card, or driver’s licence
- never shares your taxpayer information with another person, unless you have provided the appropriate authorization; and
- never leaves personal information on your answering machine or asks you to leave a message containing your personal information on an answering machine
When in doubt, ask yourself the following:
- Is there a reason that the CRA may be calling? Do I have a tax balance outstanding?
- Is the requester asking for information I would not include with my tax return?
- Is the requester asking for information I know the CRA already has on file for me?
- How did the requester get my email address or telephone number?
- Am I confident I know who is asking for the information?
My Account for individuals – CRA
You need to set up your electronic connection to CRA. Through this service you can get your personal information while avoiding long phone times.
As Bookkeepers, Tax Preparers and Accountants, we are here to assist with all your bookkeeping and tax needs.